Thursday, September 14, 2006

Dumbass things I do that prove I'm not as smart as I think I am.

Example One : Watching tv at the gym after six pm when the fast food companies inundate the commercial breaks with ads for their new, improved burger/pizza/chicken flavoured goodness which make me think "I'm working out, I had a salad for lunch, I do deserve the new BBQ Outback Ribs from Pizza Hut for a limited time only" and then scheme Machiavellian-like to accidently have to pass that particular drive-through restaurant on the way home from said health emporium, thereby negating any and all hard work I may or may not have done.

Example Two : Inwardly mocking the man standing studying the tinned tuna who is muttering to himself about which one to get, for talking to himself and then getting to the toilet paper and audibly swearing and then muttering to myself because the brand I like isn't there and getting caught by the same guy I was mocking a mere three minutes earlier.

Example Three : Studiously avoiding all spoilers about who has won the current season of Survivor/Amazing Race/America's Next Top Model/Project Runway before it airs here and then logging on to CNN or TWoP and seeing who has won the current season of Survivor/Amazing Race/America's Next Top Model/Project Runway before it airs here. Thanks be to the gods that CNN apparently doesn't care about the season finale of Rockstar Supernova which airs tonight on Foxtel at eight thirty but which has already aired in the US . . . although if Toby Rand (the Aussie) has won, it will probably be all over the news while I'm at the gym.

No comments: