Monday, January 30, 2006

Oy to the fey

I've had a gay old weekend, quite literally. Australia Day was spent with the sold out crowd at the Rivoli's one o'clock session of Brokeback Mountain, Saturday night I went to a cabaret performance at Chapel off Chapel called Wooing In The Woods for the Midsumma Festival (for those not in the know, the Midsumma Festival is Melbourne's Gay & Lesbian yearly festival) where lots of Sondheim and Other Great Musical Numbers were sung exceedingly well at me, and then Sunday I went back to the Rivoli with Shaneequa to see Brokeback again. I kinda loved the fuck out of that film.

Oscar noms are announced tomorrow and the SAG awards just started in the States so keep your fingers crossed for nominations for Our Boy Heath (even if he doesn't win, which I still don't think he will, we'll see what happens today with the SAGs) and more importantly The Clooney. He picked up TWO nominations in the Best Supporting Actor category at the BAFTA's for Good Night and Syriana. He's GOT to get a nod for one of them for Oscar and the only way I see him losing the SAG today is to that bloody talented Paul Giamatti . . .

No comments: