Tuesday, January 31, 2006

The power of three??

Not to sound obsessed or anything over here, but the Oscar noms are virtually minutes* away and if The Clooney isn't nominated for at least three** I'll be superpissed. In my heart he already has one of the little gold statues on his mantle next to his two Golden Globes (which he actually has) and a framed portrait of me (which, I'm guessing he doesn't).***

*Okay its still a couple of hours but I'm excited!

** Supporting Actor - Syriana
Director - Good Night and Good Luck
Screenplay - Good Night and Good Luck (with Grant Heslov - who you might remember as the third member of the Arnold Schwarchneggor/Tom Arnold spy unit from True Lies, and what is it with actors writing these days? George and Grant on this, Dan Futterman - he played Robin William's son in The Birdcage - co-wrote Capote which Phillip Seymour Hoffman keeps winning EVERYTHING for. It's awe-inspiring and freaking me out all at the same time.)

***And in my heart is where that is likely to stay. Bloody Paul Giamatti.

Editors note : now the nominations are out I stand corrected on one point, Dan Futterman didn't co-write Capote, he is nominated solely for Best Adaptation. He's still not as dreamy as The Clooney, though in the spirit of a fellow nominee, I wish him well. On a side note - GO THE CLOONEY!!

2 comments:

Shaneequa said...

So I'm guessing you're a happy camper then Ms Belle given Clooney's noms? And can I just say, props to Jake getting a nod as well in the best supporting actor category - win, lose or draw you deserve to be recognised!!!
Oh and btw, hope this proves once and for all that I STILL read your blog...

TallulahBelle said...

My camping is indeed of a rather pleased variety . . . oh who am I kidding . . . I squealed like a total fangirl as I watched the live nominations on Sky News early in the am.