Friday, November 23, 2007

Paper bag time . . .

I know, this isn't the idol blog I haven't done yet. It's instead a deep breathing exercise in readiness for the other vote this weekend, one that you might argue rates as slightly more important than whether or not The Gauc wins over Matt Corby (which FYI, she totally should but if I can only win one battle, Natalie my love, I'm sorry but I want this one MORE.)

My first election memory is from 1983 when I was ten years old and Bob Hawke was leader of the Labour Party. Mum and Dad took us to the polling booths with us and Dad wore this shirt (although in my strange childhood headspace, it was entirely Light Labor Union Blue) :



In honour of that shirt and that election and in tremendous hope that tomorrow we rid ourselves of The Blight that is John fucking Howard and Peter shitbag Costello and their ilk and in true FamilyBelle tradition, I shall be wearing my Kevin07 shirt to the polling booth. If this all goes well and according to The Plan then things look brightly upwards for Hillary in the upcoming US primaries as well. It's not much to ask, right?

To quote Ms Fits :

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd been hanging out to do it since I was a kid, going to the polls with my parents every single election that I can remember. The first year I could vote was the year that John Howard became Prime Minister. It's so sad. Ten years of being on the electoral roll and John Fucking Howard has been voted in every time.

Do it for me, Australia. Or I'll cry. Again. And maybe yell at you in the street.

Anonymous said...

Vote early vote often. Goddam you Australia! Kevin 07 woohoooooooooo.

Anonymous said...

I barely made it to the polling booth on time. I almost had a heart attack thinking I'd miss out. Seriously? Get there early. It is NOT worth the stress.

Anyways, not only does Costello NOT become PM (can anyone point and say "HAR HAR!!"), but J-Ho might still lose Bennelong too. AHAHAHAA!! Best. Election. Ever!

*mwah*

~Spooky
xx

Anonymous said...

Oh my God, I am still in shock at the trifecta:
1. Going back to September, Geelong - PREMIERS. FINALLY!;
2. Kevin07 PM, and Johnny McWeasel looking like losing his seat (I'm still recovering from Saturday's overindulgence in champagne); and ...
3. To top off a glorious weekend, La Gauc takes out Idol.

2007 - Best! Year! Ever!

Anonymous said...

Woohoo I'm still dancing a jig in my head. But the trifecta goes like this -
1.Kevin 07
2.viva la gauc
3.I win lotto - coming soon:)
(oh and hotcarl visits my local pub)

Anonymous said...

Iowa tomorrow.

Hillary FTW!!