Saturday, June 03, 2006

Where did May go? Specifically May 6th . . .

Dear George,

I am SO sorry I missed your birthday, I can't think what was going on that was so important that I would completely forget to wish you a happy birthday last month. I mean, I have been rehearsing an awful lot recently, as you know I've done three plays since Feb and thats a lot, but still. What kind of besotted fangirl am I?

So as an act of penance I sat through Batman and Robin last night. Yes, the whole thing. Yes, the whole thing.

(Just quietly, and you KNOW I love you beyond reason, but you weren't very good in it. Still a little too Doug Ross-y, I don't think you really shook Dr Ross until Three Kings. But you were still better than Uma, Arnold, Alicia and the Uberking of Boring 'Acting', Chris O'Donnell. And for god's sake Elle Macpherson is in that shitfest. ELLE MACPHERSON. Joel Schumaker - the fucking hack - should have his fingernails removed, surgically reattached and then removed again for the mess he made of Tim Burton's wonderfully Gothic first two films. I refuse to discuss anything involving Val Kilmer.)

Am I forgiven?

If you still require some show of regretful devotion, I will force myself to watch that awful Peacemaker film (and you know how freaking much I hate Kidman, so I personally think that's the equivalent of doing time for murdering your parents.)

Love
TallulahBelle
xx

3 comments:

Shaneequa said...

Oh come on people - that film was absolute gold - 'Ice to see you'....pure comedy genius...cos you know, he was Dr Freeze and he was freezing stuff with his big freeze ray and it made things all icy and cold.
Yeah OK...so maybe not.

TallulahBelle said...

Heh heh. "Ice to see you". That IS good, but still. The nipples, the shoddy fucking editing, Uma Thurman's absolute CRAP performance (I mean seriously, what the fuck IS she trying to do with that character? Its not enough as an actor to merely mimic a previous better actor's performance in a previous film - I am talking here of Michelle Pfeiffer as Catwoman - you need to bring something else to the table. Uma is so very lucky that Tarantino ADORES her or she'd have no career. NONE!), the general suckiness of the script, and the cartoon-y ickness of the characters after the awesomeness of Tim Burton and Michael Keaton and the first two films. On the other hand, we have the shittiness of Batman & Robin to thank for the awesome actor/writer/director Academy Award Winning Wonder that is the new and improved George Clooney.

So. Yay Batman and Robin, its my new favourite film!!

Shaneequa said...

Sigh...I'll be tragic and admit that I actually went to see it for Chris O'Donnell and the hilarious nipples on his costume (don't judge me - I was young and foolish)...but hey, my congrats to you on finally locating a semblence of a silver lining to that piece of crap moofie!