Thursday, November 09, 2006

And it isn't even my birthday . . .

With the absolute motherfuckingly awesome kickass results from yesterdays midterm elections; the Democrats winning the House; the Senate looking like it might actually possibly maybe pretty please go the same way; the religious right taking a BASHING over the head because voters took back their abortion rights in incredibly staid South Dakota and Arizona said fuck off to banning same sex marriage; with my new Best Friend Forever Nancy Pelosi* poised to become the first woman ever to be Speaker of the House - did I think things could POSSIBLY get better? No. No, I didn't. But then they did.

At left. Donald fucking Rumsfeld, or as he's known in my house Satan, has taken the brunt of Bush's bewildered and dithering anger about the results yesterday and has fallen on his sword - something he should have done three years ago when he conspired to help Bush lie to the American people and the rest of the world when they told us all that there were weapons of mass destruction and Saddam must be stopped. Now, I don't disagree that Saddam was an evil fucker who should have been taken out at birth, but to willingly and maliciously lie to the world about why it should be done, to refuse to accept the consquences of that lie, a lie that the leader of my own country bought, to participate in the deaths of over SIX HUNDRED THOUSAND Iraqi people and to STILL refuse to refute that you were in any way wrong? You can fuck right off Donald and you can take that bitch Condeleeza with you.

*Nancy Pelosi as Speaker of the House, will not only become the first woman to take this role, it also puts her second in line to the big job, the only person in her way being Vice President DickCheney (Who? Yeah.) and this is the closest a woman has gotten to that job too. (She is also one of the few Democrats who voted against taking military action against Iraq, unlike my girl Hillary whom I love dearly, but who disappointed me greatly by voting yes.) Now I'm not advocating assassination attempts, but if say, Bush and Cheney were somehow 'put' into a medically induced coma for the next couple of years . . . well, Nancy, I don't think anyone would really mind . . .

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, that was me.

Anonymous said...

NBC + Associated Press are reporting Webb defeated Allen so the Dems have won the Senate too!

TallulahBelle said...

Yep, by about 7200 votes. It IS my birthday!!

Shaneequa said...

Deep down I think we're all gonna miss old Donald a little - after all...remember these gems he has given us:

"Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns - the ones we don't know we don't know." - this quote won the "Foot in Mouth" award from the British Plain English Campaign in 2003.

"I believe what I said yesterday. I don't know what I said, but I know what I think... and I assume it's what I said."

"We do know of certain knowledge that he (Osama Bin Laden) is either in Afghanistan, or in some other country, or dead."

"I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the past - I think the past was not predictable when it started."

"Oh goodness ... I shouldn't say 'I don't think so', although that's what I think."

"If I said yes, that would then suggest that that might be the only place where it might be done which would not be accurate ... necessarily accurate ... it might also not be inaccurate, but I mean ... I'm disinclined to mislead anyone."

Guess George Jnr will just have to pick up the slack and increase the amount of time his foot spends in his mouth....I for one believe he is up for the challenge!