Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Gubernatorial is the coolest word

With the polling finishing up in the States over the next couple of hours, in what basically amounts to a referendum on the war in Iraq, I find myself biting my nails and twitching every time I log on to CNN or Foxnews to see how the Democrats go this time around the merry-go-round. The results are trickling through and so far so good, but I refuse to get too excited until the final counts are in. I remember the falling, sinking, stomach churning gamut of emotions I inflicted on myself last time - when Kerry's exit poll figures were so freaking brilliant at the start of the day but which very quickly turned out to be nothing but wishful thinking and creative reporting. Although the Dems have stolen two Senate seats already, odds are that the Reps will hold the Senate. My fingers remain firmly crossed that the House will go Dem.

Seriously, its days like this I find it hard to concentrate on breathing . . . come on America, make me happy, give Bush the bitch slap he so very richly deserves.

(If you're interested in a great site to check up on results the Daily Kos is an excellent choice.)

Update at 3.20pm Aust Eastern Time - CNN is projecting the Democrats have won the motherfucking House!! I am resisting the urge to scream loudly and victoriously at work . . .

No comments: